Terms & Conditions of Service to Self-Represented Clients
The services that Point 08 Forensic Alcohol Consultants Inc. provide to you are subject to the following Terms and Conditions. Please read them carefully. If you do not understand, or do not agree, with any part of them do not pay our invoice. By paying our invoice you understand and have agreed to these Terms and Conditions of service.
- Point 08 Forensic Alcohol Consultants Inc. is not a legal firm nor do we provide legal advice. You understand and acknowledge that we are not your legal counsel, that we cannot give you legal advice, and we will not represent you at your IRP review. If you have any concerns or questions related to criminal or administrative law, or to the IRP laws, you should seek legal counsel.
- You agree that you are the person identified in the IRP disclosure documents provided to us by you. You also agree that, at the time of our service to you, you have decided to act for, and represent yourself at your IRP review. If these circumstances change and you do retain legal counsel please consult with your legal counsel before any further contact with Point 08 Forensic Alcohol Consultants Inc. We will be pleased to offer our services directly to your legal counsel.
- You agree that Point 08 Forensic Alcohol Consultants Inc. will not apply for your IRP written review or oral hearing, or pay the review or hearing fee.
- It is your responsibility to send us all the IRP disclosure documents. Please ensure we are provided all pages of all documents. The documents can be scanned and emailed to us at: firstname.lastname@example.org. It is your responsibility to ensure we receive all the disclosure documents in sufficient time to prepare our report and send it to you before the review. We require at least three business days to complete our report.
- It is your responsibility to ensure our technical assessment report is sent to RoadSafetyBC in time to be considered at the IRP written review or oral hearing. We will not be responsible if you submit our report too late to be considered at the review or hearing.
- Our professional fee must be received before we will examine your IRP disclosure documents. We will send our report to you by email within three business days after payment of our invoice. The professional fee cannot be refunded after our report has been completed.
- Our technical assessment report is our intellectual property and no part of it may be published, broadcast, or posted by you, or anyone, without our written permission. We provide our report to you expressly so that you may submit it for the specific IRP review for which the disclosed documents pertain. No part of it may be used in any other IRP written review or oral hearing nor published, broadcast, or posted in whole or in part.
- The information and documents (printed or electronic) you provide to us will be handled in confidence and safely destroyed at the conclusion of our work.
- We make no guarantee that our report will uncover a defect in the operation or accuracy of the ASDs described in your IRP disclosure documents, or that any errors or defects we identify in our report will ensure your IRP is revoked.